Valid Forms of ID to Show for PVG Check

You must show your ID to either the Group Scout Leader, Appointments Secretary or District Commissioner to start the process for a Online PVG . If you are new to Scouting or changing appointment you need to complete a Adult Information Form

At least one form of photographic ID is required, you can select as many of the documents as have been provided. You must select 3 forms of ID altogether

Photographic Identity Document(s) Provided*

  • Current passport (any nationality)
  • Current driving licence (UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or any EEA country)
  • Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
  • National Entitlement Card

  • Other Documents

  • Birth certificate (UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands) issued after time of birth.
  • Original birth certificate (UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands) issue at time of birth
  • Marriage / Civil Partnership Certificate (UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands)
  • Current driving licence photocard, full or provisional (All countries outside the EEA)
  • HM Forces ID card (UK)
  • Current driving licence (full or provisional paper version (if issued before 1998) (UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, EEA)
  • Firearms licence (UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man)
  • Adoption certificate (UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands)

Documents issued within the last 12 months

  • Mortgage Statement (UK, EEA)
  • P45 or P60 statement (UK, Channel Islands)
  • Council tax statement (Great Britain, Channel Islands)
  • Financial statement, for example ISA, pension or endowment (UK)

Documents issued within the last 3 months

  • Credit card statement (UK,EEA)
  • Bank or building society account opening confirmation letter (UK, EEA)
  • Bank or Building society statement (UK, EEA)
  • Utility bill (not mobile phone) (UK, EEA)
  • Bank or Building society statement (Outside EEA) (Branch must be in the country where the applicant lives and works)
  • Benefit statement, for example Child Benefit, Pension, etc (UK, Channel Islands)
  • Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement, for example from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC (UK, Channel Islands)
  • EU National ID card
  • Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands)
  • Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider or voluntary organisation (non-UK or non-EEA only for applicants residing outside UK at time of application)
  • Letter from head teacher or further education college principal (UK for 16 -19 year olds in full time education – only used in exceptional circumstances if other documents cannot be provided)